What is ringworm?
Ringworm is a type of fungi that can cause infection to various regions of the body like skin, nails or the scalp. This disease caused by the ringworm is contagious and hence should be provided proper attention for the cure. The best remedy is to use coconut oil for ringworm. There are various kinds of ringworm that might cause the infection but the most serious condition occurs when it affects the scalp of the body. This infection is most common among children and hence should be diagnosed at earlier stages.
Symptoms of ringworm
- The scalp may become lumpy and the lumps become bigger gradually forming a circular pattern.
- The palm and the regions between fingers become scaly and raised.
- The toes, heels and the regions between fingers become thick and scaly.
- The fingernails and toenails become yellow, crumbly and thick.
- The groin area becomes itchy, reddish and painful rashes appear.
- The entire skin of the body becomes painful and reddish patches appear.
- The face becomes scaly and red patches appear on the skin.
All the above-mentioned symptoms appear about 4 to 10 days after the initial exposure of the ringworm however the exposure of scalp causes symptoms to appear around 10 days after the exposure.
Coconut oil for ringworm
Coconut oil for ringworm is the best and the most common cure as well as the most available home remedies to get rid of the disease effectively. As the name indicated, it is not caused by a parasite or a worm, ringworm is caused by a fungus. Ringworm can occur in both animals as well as humans. The fungus can be present everywhere around us and grow in warm and moist places like locker rooms or swimming pools and also in the skin folds. These spores can survive for months on the skin or household objects like combs or towels, bed linen, clothing etc. so by sharing these things or using public pools or communal showers one can contract the infection. The ringworm can be contracted in four ways i.e.
The best treatment for ringworm lies in the natural remedies that may avoid complications as well as the side effects because most of them are safe to use. No matter which part of the body is affected by ringworm, some of the natural remedies can be used to prevent the infection. It contains anti-fungal and antiseptic agents that reduce the effect of fungal infections on the skin.
How to get rid of ringworm? Natural treatment
- Soak cotton in this oil and apply it to the affected area three times daily. If one uses it regularly, then one can get rid of skin disorder completely.
- It contains ajoene that is a natural anti-fungal agent to treat ringworm. Just peel a clove of garlic and slice it, then make a paste or apply as it is on the affected area for the whole night to get the skin relieved.
- Apple cider vinegar has natural anti-fungal properties to treat ringworm infection. Applying it three to five times daily can relieve the skin as quickly as possible.
- It is the best remedy to heal ringworm and reduce itchiness and infection. Just drink one glass of lemongrass tea thrice a day as well as apply the tea bags on the affected area to get the perfect results.
- It is also a very cool remedy to get rid of skin infections. Remove the gel and apply it directly on the infected skin area and leave it overnight to get the best result out of it.
These oils are a cure for ringworm but the best oil is coconut oil for ringworm.
- Make a mixture of one drop of lavender oil and one teaspoon of jojoba oil and apply it to the infected area with cotton. You can even use it directly to prevent further infection. The advantage of coconut oil for ringworm over jojoba or lavender oil is that coconut oil is the best for edible use as well apart from an application on the skin.
- Coconut oil for ringworm is probably the best and the safest remedy for ringworm at home. The healing properties found in the coconut oil for ringworm are the most effective and hence treat the infection in the shortest time.
- Coconut oil for ringworm is the simplest ingredient to cure it and is easily found in the home. It clears the itchy skin and provides relief by making the area smooth and softer.
- Coconut oil for ringworm is the best cure for scalp ringworm where it is applied overnight to eliminate the build-up and growth of the infection.
- Coconut oil for ringworm is best suited because it contains the lauric acid that acts as the anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. It relieves from itchiness and skin flakes as well as soothes the skin.
Ringworm infection can be prevented by the practice of hygienic and healthy behaviours.